Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Rafee Kamouna Owes Me $500 Today - But Will He Pay?


Rafee Kamouna, who has been claiming for years that he has proved something important about the P versus NP problem, bet me two years ago that his marvelous work would appear in the Journal of the ACM by today.

Needless to say, it hasn't.

By the terms of our bet, I was to pay him $1000 if it appeared, whereas he only has to pay me $500 because it hasn't.

Rafee, I'm prepared to accept my money now. You can contact me for payment instructions.

1 comment:

Mikkel Rumraket Rasmussen said...

Jeffrey Shallit said...
"Let's have a friendly wager, o great one! If your "paper" is published in J. ACM within two years (that is, a paper by you, with the same title, on the same subject), I pay you $1000. If it is not published, you pay me $500.

Deal?"


8:27 AM, August 17, 2013
Anonymous said...
"I do agree."

8:31 AM, August 17, 2013
Anonymous said...
"Because I'm quite sure I'm the winner and you are the loser.

Best,

Rafee Kamouna."


Hey, turns out he really does owe you $500.